A beautifully illustrated collection of 20 ancient Egyptian myths retold for children aged 7-9.
Delve into a world of monstrous creatures, magical spells, and warring gods in this thrilling compendium of ancient Egyptian myths. With 20 exciting tales alongside fascinating historical information, this is a must-have introduction for young readers interested in one of the world’s great early civilizations.
From the creation of the world to the first pharaohs, this book charts the full sweep of ancient Egyptian mythology, revealing fascinating elements of culture and religion along the way. The enthralling stories introduce mighty gods and wicked villains, while a handy reference section is packed with information about the ancient Egyptians themselves. Learn how Ra fought daily battles to make the Sun rise, how trouble-making Set brought chaos to the kingdom, and how Osiris became the first mummy. Perfect for children aged 7 to 9, this collection contains more than 20 enthralling new retellings of favorite myths as well as some you might not have heard before.
Encourage your children to explore:
- Over 20 fascinating Egyptian myths, covering famous classics and lesser known stories
- Striking illustrations by multi-award winning artist Katie Ponder
- Stunning gold foil on the cover
- A handy pronunciation guide listing all difficult-to-pronounce names for the reader’s convenience
- Key reference spreads combining the appeal of a story collection with key reference information
It’s time to dive into the Duat underworld, ride into the sky on the back of the heavenly cow, and discover the secrets of the pharaoh’s tombs. Egyptian Myths brings the world of ancient Egypt to life and is the perfect gift for children who love history and mythology.
Author : Jean Menzies and Katie Ponder
Ages: 7-9 years